01 March 2018

First look at the Fujifilm X-H1

I braved the only proper day of winter in over five years today for one reason, to go to the Fujifilm touchy feeling day at London Camera Exchange where they were demonstrating the new Fujifilm X-H1.  Only slight problem was that Fujifilm weren't brave enough to actually turn up, and they hadn't told anyone it was cancelled.

Meh.

Thankfully, my favourite camera store (thank you Tony!) to the rescue, let me have a play with their demo unit, and what a fine lust worthy bit of kit it is.

It's chunkier than the Fujifilm X-T2 or the Fujifilm X-Pro2, but not as much as I'd expected, and it felt so good in the hand.

Attaching the grip it turned this "small" mirrorless camera into a bit of a beast, and for me kinda defeating the whole concept of a smaller, mirrorless system.   That said, I can imagine times when I'd use the grip, complete with three batteries.

Okay Fujifilm, shut up and take my money....   If I had a spare £1699 that is!   One shall ye shall be mine.

I shall have to save my question of how I keep the eyecup from falling off my X-Pro2 until next time.






No comments: